Dear 5th Grade Families,
We are thrilled to begin planning for the end-of-year activities to
celebrate the last hurrah for our 5th graders here at PS 133! Cap and gown
pictures will be on Friday, April 27th. The 5th grade moving up ceremony
will be held on Friday, June 22nd at 9:00am in the PS 133 Auditorium. Due
to our growing student body, each student will receive two (2) tickets to
the ceremony. New this year – all families are invited to lunch at a nearby
restaurant immediately following the ceremony.
In order to cover the fees associated with the planned activities, we will
need to begin collecting 5th grade dues of $100 per student. Below is a
brief overview of what the funds will cover:
- Senior Trip to Aviator Sports Complex on June 12th. Students will enjoy a
full day of activities including ice skating, gymnastics, team building,
and free play on turf. Lunch will be provided.
- Senior T-Shirts
- 5th Grade Yearbook featuring each student, staff, and PS 133
- Moving Up Ceremony
- Luncheon immediately following the moving up ceremony. A casual buffet
(think sliders, salads, soft drinks, etc.) will be held at KBH, 84 St Marks
Place. 5th grade dues cover lunch for each graduate and their two guests.
A limited number of additional lunch tickets are available for purchase;
payment for these should be included with senior dues. No additional lunch
tickets will be sold at the door.
- Senior Dance following lunch, the students return to the school gym
for a dance with DJ, photo booth, and drinks.
Total dues: $100 per student
Please fill out one form for each child. After submitting your form, please provide payment via check or via PayPal. See below for more information.
Make checks out to The PTA of PS 133K, Inc. You can drop checks off in the PTA office or send in an envelope marked ‘Senior Dues’ via backpack for your child to hand in to their teacher. (Please ensure your payment is clearly labeled with your child’s name.)
*Please note that you do not have to complete multiple transactions in order to add a luncheon ticket or to pay dues for more than one child. Make your initial selection and click on “Donate” below which will take you to the PayPal page. Then click on “Continue shopping >” in the upper right hand corner of the PayPal page which will bring you back to this page where you can add your additional selection. Repeat as needed.*
In order to create our 5th grade yearbook, we will need help from both parents and students. We will have working sessions for the yearbook each Wednesday afternoon in the library hours from 2:50pm to 4:00pm. The yearbook committee will organize a plan for each session. Much of the work can be done by the students, but they will need some support and guidance.
Parents: If you are able to help at one or more of these sessions please
sign up here.
5th grade students: Students interested in working on the yearbook during
these sessions must commit to the following:
- Student must self-dismiss and immediately report to the library. (Parents will need to send a letter to the teacher giving permission for self-dismissal).
- Students must be picked up by 4:00pm when the open library hours end.
- Students and parents must sign and return a permission slip.
- Students must be willing to work in groups and on the computer.
- We need participation from each class!
If you have any questions contact Lesley Larson, firstname.lastname@example.org or Paula Walters Parker, email@example.com.
UPLOAD YOUR PICTURES TO SHUTTERFLY
We need pictures! You have been snapping candid shots of all those school activities all year long. Please share! A detailed description of how to upload your photos to our Shutterfly account is below:
- Log in to https://grade520172018.shutterfly.com (If you haven’t at all this year, reach our to your teacher for an invite)
- Below Grade 5 2017-2018: Click on Pictures & Videos
- Look through the existing folders for categories your photos fit. So far we have : Kindergarten, 4th grade, Broadway Bound, Winters Tale, Film Festival (field trip), First Fridays, Holiday Show, Around School (for misc, photos).
- Choose a folder and move your cursor over the word EDIT, then choose ADD PICTURES OR Click on the folder name to open it, then click ADD PICTURES. A window will open.
- Click on MY COMPUTER to upload from your desktop, or any other sources of photos on the left.
- If No Folder exists for your photos click +ADD ALBUM in the upper right. A window opens up. In the upper right hand corner you can give the folder a name. (the default name is the date you upload, which doesn’t help us much in organizing the photos for the yearbook, so please give the folder a name that tells us what the photos are). Add pictures in the same way as in step 4.
If you have any questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org