On November 19th, come celebrate our school’s wonderful variety of cultures at the 3rd Annual World Culture Day. Leading up to the day all students will participate in a school wide activity. Choose a country from a part of the world assigned to your grade.
*Grades PK – North American and Caribbean Islands; K Central America; 1st Grade South America; Grade 2 Europe; Grade 3 Africa; Grade 4 Asia; Grade 5 Middle East.
- Draw, color and label a flag.
- Write and learn the words Hello and Peace in the national language
- Write three interesting facts.
Print Activity Sheet here!
During the day we are encouraging all to dress in clothing representing their culture or favorite culture. Starting at 5:30 pm join us for a potluck in the cafeteria to share food and fun from all over the world.
We will have performances from the following:
- Drummers & dancers from Ghana with Christopher Sbrolini
- Alex Weiss Klezmer Express
- Tangos and Boleros from Argentina with Emilio Teubal & Mariana Aslan
- Bullerenge and Cumbia dances from Colombia with Daniel Fetecua, Anna Amadei, and Melissa Bijur
- Mini West Indian Day Parade with Daniel Dixon & Kids Orbit All Stars
- Special Guest Ms. Wylie’s One Vision World Dance Troup
- and more!!
Activities for the evening:
Take part in making 10000 origami cranes as a Japanese tradition to make our wish of world peace come true.
Color Mandalas from Tibet and India
Enjoy writing words of peace and friendship in Arabic, Japanese and Chinese
Kente design coloring
It’s Free! All are Welcome!!!!
We need you!!!! Want to bring a favorite dish, help serve, decorators, photographer, and more